Ambassador of the Fair 2013-2014
My name is Lauren Eby, and I am very excited to be the 2013-2014 Tiverton Agricultural Society Ambassador. I was born and raised on a farm in between Kincardine and Tiverton and have always looked forward to the Fall Fair. It's amazing to be able to grow up in an area that puts so much pride in their community, and always comes together to support it. I enjoy playing hockey, spending time with family and friends, and travelling.
School has always been important to me, and I have been able to enjoy many clubs and sports through it. I have been on Student Council, participated on sports teams and am currently involved in KDSS's Free the Children group. I also have volunteered at my church, and at Tiverton hockey games.
Tiverton has been the place where I've played hockey, hung out with friends and attended the Fair. It's such a close knit community that I am very proud to be representing. It's amazing to have a community like Tiverton, there aren't many quite like it. I look forward to the experiences I will have this upcoming year, and plan on using them in the future. Currently, I'm planning on taking a 5th year, but hope to attend University to studying Marketing, but that could very well change!
Ambassador of the Fair
Upon winning the title of Ambassador for the Fair for the Tiverton Agricultural Society, the Ambassador will be eligible for a $500 Continuing Education Bursary.
Once his/her enrollment in a Post Secondary Education course has been secured by the Tiverton Agricultural Society, the Ambassador will be awarded with a $500 cheque.
The bursary will be honoured for a period of up to five years after the successful completion of his/her reign as Ambassador.
Friday, October 4, 2013
Whitney Crawford Community Centre, 8:00 p.m.
featuring the Ambassador Competition and Prince and Princess Pageant
Laurie Convay - 368-7980 | Doreen Soluduka - 368-7768
Steph Young, Cynthia Wickert, Leanne Gowing, Nancy Alexander, Christina Tennyson
Steph Young & Christina Tennyson
2013 Ambassador Competition
- Each organization is invited to sponsor one contestant - entry fee of $75.00 required.
- The contestant must be single, between the ages of 17 and 23 years of age by August 1, 2013.
- Contestants must reside in the former Bruce Township, Kincardine Township or Village of Tiverton.
- Contestants will be judged on poise, personality, interviews, and stage presentation.
- The "Ambassador" will be expected to represent the Society at numerous events throughout the year as well as attend monthly meetings of the Society as a member. The "Ambassador" must attend the 2013 Tiverton Fall Fair and participate in the various events and ride in the parade.
- Attendance at the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies Convention and the District 10 Annual and Spring Meetings is encouraged.
- The "Ambassador" has the opportunity to compete at the Ontario Miss Mid West Competition and at the CNE Ambassador of the Fairs Competition in 2013.